Workshop #6: ▽
Feminism and Marginality in Myanmar
- Workshop description
- Timeline, venue, application details
- Burmese and English “Call for Papers” (PDF)
Call for Papers – Workshop/Conference on the Theme: Feminism and Marginality in Myanmar △
September 26–28, 2019
Participants to be guest of: Rainfall, Gender Study Group
The Independent Journal of Burmese Scholarship (IJBS) announces a Workshop/Conference on the theme: Feminism and Marginality in Myanmar.
We invite papers that examine feminism, marginality based on the resistance against all forms of patriarchy, and marginalized and marginalizing gender identities.
As a journal devoted to giving voice to public intellectuals, marginalized voices, and the civic space vital to rational discourse on the important yet not-widely discussed issues in Myanmar, we invite applications from intellectuals and leading activists who can contribute to an original, rational, and historically informed dialogue on these issues.
The participants selected will present their papers at an intensive three-day workshop to be held in Dawei, Myanmar. Final papers revised on the basis of the discussion and debate will be published (both physically and digitally) in an issue of the IJBS. We hope and anticipate that this issue of the journal will represent an important advance in the understanding of feminism and issues of marginality in political and cultural life of Myanmar. The workshop will also serve as a public forum for anyone to attend and discuss these issues.
We anticipate inviting between 12 and 15 people on the basis of the quality of their applications.
Timeline — Venue — Application Details △
Timeline for Paper Submission and Workshop
- Deadline for applications to participate: July 31, 2019
- Applicants to be informed of results by: August 7, 2019
- Substantial draft of papers required by: mid-September 2019
- Workshop: September 26-28, 2019
- Dawei, Myanmar. Participants will be the guests of Rainfall Gender Study Organization.
Application details △
- Applications shall consist of (1) a synopsis of the proposed paper either in English or Burmese (no longer than 300 words) together with (2) a résumé/curriculum vitae.
- All applications should be sent electronically to email address:
- Applicants will be informed of the results by August 7, 2019. The invitation will be issued in the name of Rainfall.
- A substantial draft of the paper (either in English or Burmese) is required by mid September 2019.
Address applications to: △
- Rainfall at email@example.com
The Journal will cover all local expenses (domestic airfare, food, accommodation). Participants will be the guests of Rainfall, Gender Study Group.
A modest honorarium will be given to each participant on the delivery of a final draft paper suitable for publication in the Independent Journal of Burmese Scholarship.
PDF: Call for Papers △
View or download the PDF စာတမ်းများပေးပို့ရန် ဖိတ်ခေါ်ခြင်း / Call for Papers, in both Burmese and English.
Updated 2019.04.20 20:07:39 (UTC) △